400g brown flour (or white)
1/2 tsp salt
60g caster sugar
1tsp of yeast
120ml of warm milk
120ml of warm water
50g butter (soft room temp)
35g brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
20g raisins/sultanas/mixed dried fruit
Melted butter for brushing
makes around 16 rolls
- Put flour, salt and sugar in to a glass bowl and sprinkle yeast into the bowl.
- In a large bowl mix oil,egg,milk and water.
- Add wet ingredients to the flour.
- Mix into a dough, kneed until smooth.
- Leave to rise in a clean bowl covered by a clean tea-towel.
- Once dough has doubled in size (depends on how warm your kitchen is) knock in down.
- Split the dough into two pieces.
- Roll the dough out to a rectangle, spread soft butter and spread half the sugar cinnamon and raisins over the dough.
- Roll the dough as tight as you can into a swiss roll shape. Cut in to 2cm slices.
- Lay flat on grease proof paper and brush all over with butter. Leave to rise for 30mins.
- preheat oven to 190c.
- cook for approx 20mins.
Small boy prone on the floor is protesting at the fact I won't let him empty the cupboard or eat a red hot cinnamon roll!